Did you know that adding a Virtual Extension can be super easy and existing customers can do it without calling into our Customer Care department?
Needing more extensions to accommodate your staff is a common issue that arises during the growth of start-up. The good news is that with Vocalocity's business VoIP, you can easily add an additional extension at any time, day or night. These new numbers will be assigned to your account for each new extension.
Now, let’s go through how quick it is to add a Virtual Extension and watch your business and employees benefit from this instant enhancement.
How to Set Up a Virtual Extension:
These directions are for the new Admin Portal which will be available to all Vocalocity customers by the end of November 2012.
- Log into your Administrator account at my.vonagebusiness.com, and click the “Phone Systems” icon at the top of the page.
- Then click “Extensions,” and “Add New."
- In the new window, make the extension type "Virtual Extension" and fill out all of the appropriate information.
- Back at your "Extensions" page, click on the extension you just added and in the new window, scroll down until you can see the “Do Not Disturb” section.
- Uncheck the "Do Not Disturb" option to deactivate this command. At this window you can also assign specific users, edit the extension number, add or remove direct dial numbers and even configure specific features most companies don’t receive with a typical phone service, such as 7-digit Dialing, Call Continuity and Call Screening.
And you’re done! You are now able to use your new Virtual Extension!
Remember: a Virtual Extension will not work unless “Do Not Disturb” has been removed.
For more resources about setting up your phone system or configuring settings yourself, visit the Support Portal.