Voice-based critical alertsEnable worldwide delivery of critical alerts via phone calls and grow your business with viral adoption.
More immediate reachA persistently ringing phone is harder to ignore than a text or push message, so using a voice call to deliver a critical alert — about a cancelled flight or an early school closing — increases the likelihood of your alert being heard.
Guarantee deliveryTo guarantee critical alerts are delivered, you can use a simple IVR application to enable call recipients to acknowledge receipt of the alert. In addition, you can deliver alerts automatically to backup contacts if no acknowledgement is detected.
How voice-based critical alerts works
1. Your app callsYour application initiates simultaneous calls to everyone who needs to know about an event that has happened or is about to happen.
2. Call recipients answerCall recipients see the local virtual number you provisioned from Vonage API as the caller ID and answer the phone.
3. Alert recipient hears your messageYour app plays a recorded or text-to-speech message to convey the alert. Your message can be personalised and delivered in multiple languages.
4. Alert recipient confirms receiptYour app instructs the called party to press a key to acknowledge receipt of your message.
5. You can run reportsYou can run reports to see who was contacted (and when) as well as who responded (and when) to your alert.
Programmable elements used in this solution
Call control API